- ✓ 3rd best research-intensive university in "NewEurope"
- ✓ One of the leading MBA programs in the Mediterranean region
- ✓ Internationally accredited Program (EPAS/EFMD)
12 or 24 months
Master's in Business
Admission applications are evaluated on a first-come first-served basis. Candidates are encouraged to submit their applications early to improve their prospects for admission while positions are available.
For the upcoming academic year 2021-2022, applications will be considered according to the following schedule:
- ✓ First round: February 15 - April 2
- ✓ Second round: April 3 - June 18
- ✓ Final round: June 19 - August 15
Erasmus+ Master Student Loan agreement. Read more!
Commitment to excellence in scholarship, research and service
The University of Cyprus MBA Program is one of the leading graduate Programs in the field of business education in the Mediterranean region. It is characterized by innovativeness, practicality, and modern learning methods; it provides an array of core courses covering the spectrum of business and entrepreneurial functions. Elective courses provide students the opportunity to tailor a substantive part of their studies according to their specific interests. The curriculum strongly emphasizes collaborative teamwork, case study analysis, hands-on applications, and research-driven learning.
The Program helps students to network with corporate contacts, not only in domestic firms, but also in the wider international business community. The Program has a very successful record of placing graduates in competitive positions.
The MBA Program holds the EPAS Accreditation by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) since 2012.
- Distinguished resident and visiting faculty, educated at the very best universities in North America and Europe, internationally recognized for their research contributions
- Modern and flexible curriculum following international best-practices
- Modern learning methods
- Diverse student cohorts (in educational background, career paths, gender, nationality)
- Excellent infrastructures in a newly-built campus
- Affordable tuition fees
- Scholarships offered on merit
- EU nationals are eligible for preferential loans
Who is eligible?
- Professionals interested to sharpen their management skills and business acumen
- Holders of a university degree in any educational discipline
- Candidates with at least three years’ work experience
- Individuals with a good command of the English language
Scholarships (in the form of tuition reductions) are offered to qualified international applicants on the basis of merit criteria (e.g., academic performance, prior professional experience, record in a position of responsibility, career prospects).
* International Applicants: All non-EU applicants must follow the process in the link in order to obtain a student visa
What will you get out of our program?
- Train to be an agile, adaptable, and astute leader
- Sharpen your management abilities and techniques
- Develop problem-solving skills
- Polish your communication, people-management, and team-collaboration skills
- Build an entrepreneurial mindset
- Enhance your professional opportunities by building business expertise and key relationships
- Think "outside the box"
University of Cyprus | Centre of Excellence in the Mediterranean
The University of Cyprus (UCY) was established in 1989. It is the first and largest public university in Cyprus. It has 22 departments in 8 Schools, as well as a number of research-institutes. Currently, 7,000 students are registered at UCY, educated by 1,293 faculty members and instructors. UCY operates in a space of 133,000 m2 in a modern campus site in Athalassa, about 6 km east of Nicosia city centre.
Rankings and Excellence
The University of Cyprus has attained a reputation of excellence in research and education, as reflected in its steady ascent in global university rankings:
- (2021) Ranked #516 by US News (Best Global Universities Rankings).
- (2021) Ranked #501-600th by Times Higher Education World University Rankings (Best 1500 Global Universities from 93 countries and regions).
- (2020) Ranked #84th by Times Higher Education World University Rankings (Top 200 World Universities Under 50 years old for The Young University Rankings list).
- (2020) Ranked #47th by Times Higher Education in Rankings of Universities in Emerging Economies.
Living and Studying in Nicosia, Cyprus
Cyprus has always been a gateway between East and West and hence, at the crossroads of civilizations for centuries; its rich history extends three millennia. The Eastern and Western cultural influences are evident in the city’s architecture and lifestyles. As a historical and cultural city, Nicosia will offer you much to see, do, and experience. Contemporary Nicosia is a bustling business hub, and offers a vibrant and comfortable urban lifestyle. Popular beaches, as well as the Troodos mountain range, are a short drive away, for those wishing to explore a range of outdoor activities.
- Temperate Mediterranean climate
- Top 5 safest country in the world (Value Penguin 2015)
- One of the most favourite tourist destinations in Europe
- Friendly and hospitable environment; pleasant lifestyle
- Most blue flag beaches per capita in the EU (Eurostat)
- Bathing water quality ranked “excellent” (EEA Report 2016)
- Best island economy 2017/2018 lifestyle & human capital (fDi magazine)
TESTIMONIALS BY ALUMNI & STUDENTS
Arjun SirohiHead of Operations - Center Head at Burjeel-MHPC, Marina Mall, Abu Dhabi, UAE❝ The exposure to an international academic environment helped me to develop into a confident and competently qualified professional, and sharpened my commitment for continual growth and development in my career. ❞
Dr. Daniel RhoadsBusiness Developer, RhoadsLife Financial, Philadelphia, USA❝ I was with the class of 2012-2014 at the UCY MBA Program. I loved it there. My MBA studies fostered my leadership skills and helped me develop a keen understanding of how to handle practical issues such as business strategy, business planning – things that I didn’t know about before, and which have helped grow as a professional. ❞
Ilkay Cam-SpanosSenior Project Manager, Langan Engineering & Environmental Services, New York, USA❝ As part of my job, I work a lot for real estate developers, investors, regulators and attorneys. My current position requires project management, accounting, business development, marketing and people management skills. And I learned all of these during my MBA studies at the University of Cyprus. ❞
Alexios StefanidisProduct Manager, Marketing Services, AstroBank Ltd, Cyprus❝ Studying for my MBA at UCY was a transformative and life-changing experience. The learning process of the Program is formed through a unique combination of exceptional knowledge taught in class, top-notch Professors who go beyond teaching to serve as mentors and the structure of the curriculum itself. ❞
Dr. Kleanthis NicolaidesDirector, Department of Meteorology, Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Development and Environment, Cyprus❝ This is a well-designed Program, delivered in outstanding facilities, dense in training content, inspiring and motivating, that develops managers who dare to act. Joining the program was a great experience for me; the knowledge and skills I have acquired provide great support in my current position as the Director of the Department of Meteorology. ❞
Chrystalla MallouppaDirector, Department of Public Works, Ministry of Transport, Communications and Works, Cyprus❝ I chose the MBA Programme of the University of Cyprus as it satisfied my needs and criteria. My MBA studies at UCY helped me to view managerial functions from a different perspective, and to draw relations with my organizational setting, based on my prior experience. ❞
Andreas DimouEnvironmental Manager - Al Wakrah Stadium & Precinct, MPS JV, PORR QATAR CONSTRUCTION, Qatar❝ Coming from an engineering background, the University of Cyprus MBA was the best choice to further my education. I discovered professional directions that I didn´t know; [...] Acquiring fundamental skills in the respective fields turned me into a much more complete professional, and also made me highly confident about my capabilities. ❞
Dr. Andri GeorgiadouAssistant Professor in Human Resource Management, Univ. of Central Lancashire, Cyprus❝ The University of Cyprus MBA provided me with an excellent opportunity to develop priceless managerial skills, whereas it opened the door to thriving career opportunities. ❞
Georgia KatsifarakiScientist at the Economics Research Centre, University of Cyprus❝ A top-level postgraduate MBA program in the south east region of Europe. ❞
Shadi SarriedineManager, Business Support Team (Corporate Restructurings), Hellenic Bank Public Company Ltd, Cyprus❝ The UCY MBA is a great program that caters to the most emerging needs of contemporary management professionals. ❞
Manolis DiakourakisCard Management Systems Officer, JCC Payment Systems Ltd, Cyprus❝ An excellent program, expanding an individual's experiences and knowledge to a multicultural environment; fit for today's global business field. ❞
Dr. Nectaroula CooperHead of Pharmacovigilance at Pharmaceutical Services, Ministry of Health, Cyprus❝ An outstanding, inspiring and well-designed program delivered by a world-class faculty in an intellectually-stimulating environment. A must for any aspiring leader! ❞
Christos KouyountasUnit Supervisor, United Nations representation, Cyprus❝ Joining the MBA program of the University of Cyprus was one of the best decisions I ever made. Thank you for all the knowledge and the experience. I am truly grateful! ❞